Will 2018 be the year you get healthier, travel more, get more connected and feel great? Make this a year to remember on a yoga vacation or yoga retreat in Santa Teresa, Costa Rica at Pranamar Villas.
Article by Shannon Farley
Millions of people every year follow the custom of making New Year’s resolutions. However, studies have shown that fewer than 20 percent of New Year’s resolutions see success.
So what would make 2018 a truly remarkable year, the year you achieve the things you yearn for?
Whether you want more vibrant health, to be more physically active, to renew or create new relationships, make a career change, travel, or be more spiritually connected, the New Year is an exciting time to start anew with a fresh beginning.
Whatever your goals may be now is the perfect time to get inspired and put in place the habits you’ll need to get you there. As humans, nearly everything we think, say, and do is a result of years of repetitive behavior that have become deeply rooted habits. Our habits can either help us or hinder us. While there are a million or more ways to achieve your goals, there are certain habits that can better ensure your success. The small steps we take every single day are what make our dreams a reality.
Tips to achieve your goals in 2018
- Write out your intentions or goals for 2018. Studies show that writing down goals and intentions significantly boost your chances of accomplishing them. Ask yourself, “What do I really, really want?” Be bold! If your desires are blah, you’ll be guaranteeing yourself a blah year. Now is the time to do what you’ve been putting off or have been hesitant about. Discover the magic deep within and go for it!
- Then, post your goals/intentions somewhere highly visible, like your refrigerator, bathroom mirror or by your desk. Having them in front of your face will keep them in the forefront of your mind to focus upon.
- Keep your list short, or break into achievable chunks – 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 5 years, etc. Overdoing the number of goals at one time can quickly become overwhelming.
- Connect your intentions and goals to a vision of where you are heading and why that is important to you. If your goals are not connected to a grander vision, aligned with what is most important to you at the deepest level, they will be anchor-less and more likely to float off into nothingness.
- Practice affirmations. Use visualization techniques to see yourself achieving your goals.
- Take action. Ask yourself: “What do I need to do today to move me closer to my goal?” Then GO DO IT!
- Share your goals with someone close to you who will support you and help keep you accountable.
- Be grateful for and celebrate each small achievement. Positive reinforcement will keep you positively moving forward.
If your intentions and goals in 2018 are to be healthier, more active, more connected spiritually, and to travel, get started right away making your dreams a reality at Pranamar Oceanfront Villas and Yoga Retreat in Santa Teresa, Costa Rica.
Consider one of Pranamar’s 2018 Santa Teresa yoga retreats or an amazing yoga vacation on your own, or with a partner or group of friends. The beautiful oceanfront setting at Pranamar Villas in Santa Teresa is an inspiring spot to begin making 2018 a year to remember.