February 10 – 16, 2019
Costa Rica Yoga Retreat
On a pristine and breath-taking Pacific Coast beach lined by wild jungle and gifted with mesmerizing sunsets is the setting of our Costa Rica Yoga Retreat. Enjoy a relaxing and fulfilling week delving into your yoga practice and learning to surf or stand up paddle (SUP) in the warm water on the Nicoya Peninsula.
Santa Teresa is one of the best beaches in Costa Rica for its long stretches of white sand, beautiful scenery and great year-round surf. It has been rated again in the top 10 beach destinations in Central America for 2017 on TripAdvisor. Due to its relative remoteness, it has been protected from any over-development and maintains a low-key feel. It is ideal for those seeking a more secluded escape into nature.
At our beachfront hotel, luxurious accommodations include bungalows and villas from where you hear the soothing sounds of the surf and feel the balmy breeze evoking the recognition of being in a tropical paradise. A 5-minute drive or 20-minute beach walk from the hotel is the colorful and laid-back town of Santa Teresa.
First day, Sunday
Travel to Santa Teresa from San José international airport (SJO). See Getting Here for more details. Plan to arrive early to late afternoon. The retreat starts in the late afternoon with an orientation and welcome dinner.
The retreat is led by Vajra Sol Yoga staff members who are with you throughout the week. Begin each day with breakfast at your leisure. Customize your retreat by choosing either Surfing, SUPing or the Pure Yoga option for the morning activity.
After lunch there is free time to relax by the pool, take a siesta, receive a massage, walk the beach or visit with new friends. Wednesday is a free day from surfing for those who want to participate in one of the exciting tours offered in the area. If you are SUPing there will be three half-day outings with the other two mornings free. The Pure Yoga option includes a daily morning yoga class in addition to the afternoon class and a spa treatment of choice.
The whole group joins for the 1.5-hour afternoon yoga session which are held in an enchanting open-air yoga studio surrounded by tropical gardens.
Last day, Saturday
The retreat ends after breakfast. Guests may leave at anytime to transfer back to San José. Check-out is at 12 noon.
Disconnect from a busy lifestyle, reconnect to slow and conscious living, take time for inner reflection and have some fun in the sun and surf!
2018 – 2019 Costa Rica Retreat Cost per Person (US $)
Book three months in advance and receive $200 off your Costa Rica retreat.
||Single Bedroom Rate
||Shared Bedroom Rate
|Poolside Villa «
|Oceanfront Villa «
|Two level Garden Bungalow «
For a description and photos of the rooms please visit the accommodations page.
- « For the two-bedroom/two-bathroom Villas, a single bedroom rate is one person in a private bedroom and bathroom. A shared bedroom rate is two persons in a bedroom (two single beds or one king bed) and sharing a bathroom. The rates are based on the other bedroom in the Villa being occupied as well.
- « If you will be joining the retreat on your own and either would like to share a bedroom or would like your own bedroom in a Villa, please let us know and we will try to match you with another friendly retreat guest. We cannot guarantee a roommate; it will depend if another person books looking to share as well. For sharing a bedroom we will only match you with a person of the same gender.
- « If you are in a single bedroom in a shared two-bedroom Villa there may be a person of the other gender in the second bedroom unless requested otherwise.
Retreat rate includes:
- (6) nights accommodations (Sunday to Saturday)
- Breakfasts, lunches and dinners
- Daily 2-hour surfing lesson with surf board except Wednesday – OR – three half-day Stand Up Paddle outings – OR – a daily 1.5-hour morning yoga session
- Daily 1.5-hour afternoon yoga session
- (1) 1-hour relaxation massage. Pure Yoga participants receive an additional spa treatment of choice.
- Vajra Sol retreat coordination and staff available throughout the week
- Complimentary use of yoga mats & props, sarong and beach towel
- Complimentary tea and coffee served all day
- Vajra Sol T-shirt
- Assistance with organizing domestic transfers from airport, trip extensions and information source for travel within Costa Rica before or after the retreat.
- Costa Rican taxes
Retreat rate does not include:
- Airfare to/from Costa Rica
- Domestic transportation to/from retreat hotel
- Alcoholic drinks and one lunch